map brisbane qld
OTHER AREAS CALL 1300 737 450
BRISBANE(07) 3367 8000
GOLD COAST(07) 5668 1621

Mobile Roadworthy Certificates Brisbane & Gold Coast

We can Include a Roadworthy Inspection also known as a Safety Certificate in Qld along with our pre purchase inspection
report or we can also carry out just a Roadworthy Inspection on its own – and we come to you.

Our onsite roadworthy certificates are a fast and convenient way of getting a roadworthy for your vehicle.

We can issue onsite roadworthy certificates in Brisbane and on the Gold Coast.

OR,  for more information on car rwc in brisbane contact our partner site

We also have fast mobile roadworthy certificates on the gold coast, or mobile roadworthy on the sunshine coast

Roadworthy Inspections or Safety Certificate inspection fees

Motor vehicles up to 4.5t GVM        –  $82.85    or    From $98 Mobile Service

Trailers over 0.75 up to 3.5t ATM    –  $41.45   or      From $88 Mobile Service

Motorbikes                                         –  $53.20   or       From $88 Mobile Service

Light Vehicles (CL) inspections       – $84.40    or     From $105 Mobile Service


car roadworthy inspection


What is a roadworthy certificate and when do I need one?

According to queensland government regulations – a safety certificate (otherwise known as a roadworthy certificate or roadworthy’s) is needed when a registered light vehicle is offered for sale in Queensland, or when re-registering an unregistered vehicle. It confirms that a vehicle has passed a minimum safety standard inspection.   We offer roadworthy’s in the greater Brisbane area and the Gold Coast.

Vehicles requiring a safety certificate are:

  • cars
  • motorcycles
  • trailers (including caravans) with an aggregate trailer mass (ATM) over 750kg-3,500kg
  • any other vehicles up to 4,500kg gross vehicle mass (GVM).

What does a roadworthy certificate cover?

  • tyres
  • brakes
  • steering
  • suspension
  • body rust or damage
  • windscreen
  • lights.





RWC are not:

To avoid buying a lemon you really need a full comprehensive vehicle inspection to ensure your prospective vehicle is not hiding any nasty surprises that could hurt you financially down the track.

A roadworthy certificate is not a substitute for a full comprehensive vehicle inspection. A full comprehensive vehicle inspection will cover dozens of important points on your vehicle that are not covered by a safety certificate / roadworthy certificate.


You must display your roadworthy (safety certificate) in an obvious area, such as:

  • motorcycle—on the front forks or guard
  • car—on the windscreen or window

When displayed, all information written on the certificate must be able to be seen clearly from outside the vehicle.

You can be fined over $560 if you don’t clearly display a road worthy certificate on a vehicle—from the moment you offer it for sale.


When do I need a roadworthy (safety certificate)?

You must display a roadworthy certificate label on a registered light vehicle from the moment you offer it for sale, including when you:

  • List the vehicle for sale online
  • Display that it is for sale in public
  • Drive the car with a sign in the window offering it for sale